So today is the day. The day of pancakes. Everybody say “PANCAKES”. Can anyone remember what it’s all about? I’m sure somewhere deep in my brain I can but sadly I’m just too distracted by the smell of batter cooking and lemon juice.
My favourite pancakes however aren’t of the traditional variety. I originally found this recipe on @millycookbook and I just like to fluff it up a bit sometimes. Milly advocates that a little bit of what you fancy sometimes does you good, and I couldn’t agree more!
These beauties still can only contain three ingredients but taste hella amazing and are a tiny bit healthier without you even knowing. Swirl cocoa nibs through, a bit of cinnamon in the batter or add a bit of vanilla essence to the mix, what ever you fancy. Happy flipping pancake day! Sorry.
- 1 medium free range egg
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon of self raising flour
- Heat up 1 tsp of olive/coconut oil into a frying pan.
- Whisk all the ingredients together and let it sit for a few minutes.
- When the pan is nice and hot dollop in the mixture. I like to make smaller pancakes and stack them.
- When bubbles start to appear in your batter you know they are ready to be flipped! They should have little dark bits on them but not be totally black.
Lots of love, K x